Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Middle of the night confessions

1. If my daughter does not stop pooping in the bath tub she may never take a bath again, I'm so sick of cleaning it up.Her brother never did this and I'm not sure why she has to every single time even though I put her on the potty before the tub. And she thinks it's the funniest thing to do, she could at lest pretend she is sorry about it.

2. Lately I have had to make myself get out of bed in the mornings because I just want to pull the covers over my head and pretend nothing else exists.

3. God is leading me in directions I'm not sure I'm ready to go, so I am fighting Him every step of the way.

4.I've lost patience with my children this week and yelled at them more than I care to admit. I just hope I don't scar them for life.

5. I have lost another 5 pounds in just a few days and I have not been trying this week, which worries me a bit because of all the other symptoms I have had.

Myspace Comments, Glitter Graphics at GlitterYourWay.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont you hate it when you feel like a bad mom!! I have a 10 yo and when he was younger I was so not in the right mind set.. I yelled and screamed and smacked him every day. Not hard or evil, but always smacking his butt or his hand for not listening.. I HATE to admit that, but its true. I haven't been like that for about four years now.. but even still... I still yell (and curse) when I really lose it. Which thankfully is only about once a month.. but my point is... HE IS FINE!!! He writes me love notes and thinks I'm the greatest thing ever. You are NOT going to scar your kids when you have horrible days and tell them to get lost (or worse).. As long as you show them love most of the time.. they'll get it when they get older. I flipped out on Gavin last night and then after I thought about it.. I went in and told him, it wasn't his fault.. I'm just stressed about big people stuff and when I get stressed.. I get cranky. I tickled him and all was forgotten! So do not beat urself up about not being mother of the year all the time.

Ok, there's my two cents. =)

Feel better.

Tanya said...

I know what you mean, happens to all of us sometimes, I've yelled at Maya more than I should have on occasion, I don't think it will scar your kids. What does happen tho, is they stop taking you seriously if you scream all the time and then, they start screaming back at you. I've seen it happen with my little cousins.
Don't worry too much about the weight loss, I lost 40lb (Maya's baby weight) in 2 months once from stress. It's probably the stress getting to you.
You are an amazing Mom, keep your chin up friend!

Carrie said...

Kiesha, don't be so hard on yourself. We all yell at our kids, and it won't scar them. I feel like there are days that all I 've done is yell at them! But I apologize for doing so, so they know I make mistakes, too and it's not their fault.
You are dealing with so much right now! I hope you can take some time to take care of yourself, too! It's hard to think of yourself first, but if "momma ain't happy, no one's happy!" And your symptoms sound concerning, I hope you find the reason, soon. I've been thinking about you, and will pray for you....I'm doing a Bible Study on Worry and Stress right now...how appropriate! :) Take care, friend! You're worth it!

He & Me + 3 said...

I have been there and visit there often. that is just how mom's feel sometimes.
I would love to hve that weight loss over here.
Thanks for stopping by my blog...your place is nice and I plan to stick around if that is ok?