I had asked for prayer for hubby's dad earlier this week. We knew he had a blood clot in his leg and that they were trying to get his diabetes under control before they did anything. Well we got the call today and things have taken a small turn for the worse. So Roo and I went to Walmart to buy supplies then came back home and for the last two hours I have been packing. I do not know how people pack for more than two children, we would have to rent a trailer :)
It's a 16 hour drive, I would love to be able to drive the whole way through but I just don't think my body nor my patience will let me. So we are planning on leaving early in the morning and stopping halfway late afternoon to stay over in a hotel.
The surgery is scheduled for Monday to remove the blood clot or clots. I don't know if they don't know how many clots there are right now or if it's just getting lost in translation.
It was funny today, not ha ha funny, but the other kind, you know that nudge you get to do something but you don't know why. Well Wed. are usually my complete day of rest. Mondays I clean all day, Tuesday swim class and school then rest wed and repeat the same. But I felt the nudge early today to do laundry and it's not even usually my thing to do. My aunt loves to do laundry, I have told you she's insane right?
So that is what I spent my day doing every stitch of dirty laundry is now clean and most of it packed neatly away in our suitcases. Thank you God for the little nudges.
I do have several prayer requests:
- Please pray for my INL that God will give them peace.
- Our trip there and back, that I stay seizure free and my body can withstand the trip and still be able to help and care for everyone once we arrive.
- Pray for my husband, I know he is so scared of losing his father. He says that when he sees his father around our child that it's a different side that he never saw growing up. I hope God lets them get their unfinished business taking care of before anything does happen to him.
- My mom, she has fallen back into the state she was before she went to the hospital. She's loopy and sleeps too much and can't feed herself again. But she goes to the doctor on Monday. It's still hard to leave.
- That we make there it there with two children and return with two and not have to air ship one back. They are not the best travels :)
- Oh and one more, don't close the screen now just one more, my family has all the sudden come down with bad coughs and colds. It started with Ruben, then Rissa, now Jose. I'm hoping it won't come my way, maybe I will get one of those masks for the trip.
Thank you my dear friends, for taking the time to visit, to pray and support and uplift me in ways you may never know.