I've been thinking about my list for this week since I did the first one last week when I discovered Holy Experience.
I have been at times dumbfounded of what to thank HIM for because there are so many things and when I think of the small things they just seem too insignificant and then the big things seem too obvious. I guess that is why I have never written them down. But with each one that I write I realize that God has blessed my life with big and small blessings and I want to acknowledge every one of them.
I'm starting slow and praying that God will open my eyes to ALL that I have to be thankful for because there is so much I know that I don't even see. I have a long way to go to get to a thousand, but it's just part of my journey. So here is 5-15, some are big and some are small but I am so very grateful for them all.
5. HE loves me even though HE sees all the cracks in my character and mistakes I have made and keep making.
6. For this blog that has forced me to really look at myself and see not only what I need to change but also and almost more importantly the good parts that I never saw because I was being too critical of myself.
7. My daughter who does everything I do, may I be reminded of that daily and be a good role model for her always.
8. Music, that expresses what I can not at times.
9. No matter what color I choose to dye my hair after a few washes it always turns back to the natural red. (yes my hair is the natural color in my header picture but I play around with it often, it's a control issue but that's a whole nother post)
10. My sister would turn 35 this month and I have kept her memory alive.
11. Her green work jacket that still hangs at the back of my closet, I swear I can still smell her on it and it brings me unbelievable comfort when I need it.
12. The days I'm able to work at Roo's school, I feel so productive and love seeing him throughout the day.
13. Cookbooks, without them my family would starve.
14. Our king size bed, I love my hubby but also love my space when I'm sleeping.
15. Hearing my little girl saying she has the "pick-ups" when she gets the hiccups.