Sunday, March 22, 2009

It Won't be Like This for Long

We attended my friend's daughter's Sweet Sixteen black and white dance tonight. Late yesterday I was informed by my friend below, that her daughter would not be letting me and hubby through the door unless we brought the kids.


Now wait....what 16 yr old would want a 2 and 4 yr old at her Sweet 16 Black and While Ball? Apparently, this awesome girl below whom I have had the pleasure of watching grow up since she was 4 years old. So after I begged and pleaded with her to change her mind, I gave in. And her and Roo danced the night away.


Even two hours later when I put on his PJs and tried to get him to go to the car, they were still dancing.



This is her mother, S, and I, who agreed with her husband that she did indeeed look like a real live Bratz doll. lol I love that woman, she has brightened up my life in so many ways over the last 12 yrs.


My very own John Travolta.







They had a father/daughter dance. Birthday girl is in the middle with her dad.

They played It Won't be Like this for Long by Darius Rucker.

My hubby danced with our daughter and then at the end is S, the birthday girls mom, and her dad.

Just seeing those three stages, a toddler dancing with her daddy, a young lady dancing with her dad, and then a grown woman with hers was so touching.

With the song playing in the background, we all were crying, even the teenagers. It is a moment I will remember forever.

It reminded me that it won't be like this for long, soon our little one with be like the birthday girl tonight and then she will be all grown up and dancing with my hubby at her daughters sweet sixteen party.

Lord, help me to remember that it won't be like this for long so that I will continue to treasure every moment, and not take a second of the time I have been given with my children, friends and family for granted.




Myspace Comments, Glitter Graphics at GlitterYourWay.com

3 comments:

nancygrayce said...

Ah, that was so sweet to invite the little ones! I'll bet they had the best time of all! You look fabulous in that dress! So glad everyone had a good time! And you're right, before you can catch your breath, your little ones will be grown! It passes so fast.

Carrie said...

What a sweet memory that will be, and to think you almost missed it! Looks like everyone had a great time! What a nice reminder that it won't be like this forever...puts some things into perspective :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Tanya said...

I love how beautiful you look in that dress. You and your husband look very happy too.

I did the tag, so come check it out when you get a chance.