Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Can't Believe It!

Yesterday I did something I haven't' done since I was 12 yrs old.

I put on a pair of size 14 jeans.

OK, now I know all you single digit girls may be gasping but the double digit girls will totally understand and celebrate with me.

See, I've always been a heavy girl.

I think from the time I was like 6, I was in double digits.

OK, maybe that's a bit extreme but by 12 I was up there, and have never gotten under a size 18/20, and have at times worn clothes way over that size.

Now I'm a pretty tall gal at 5'10 and someone once told me I "carry my weight well" Still not sure what that means, if it was a compliment or an insult.

But I do know that I looked in the mirror yesterday and thought for maybe the first time in years "Wow, you look pretty good."

I was inspired by a childhood friend of mine who lost a lot of weight last year so in Oct. I decided to try to loose weight but I couldn't really stick to anything.

But since last Oct. I have lost about 30 pounds and I wasn't really sure why.

Jose and I were talking last night and I realized why I have been loosing weight. It's honestly because after I get everything done around here, house straightened, lunch and dinner fixed and everyone fed I am too tired to eat and just want to go soak in a hot tub.

There are days that I honestly forget to eat because I'm too busy. I know I know, not healthy. I will work on it.

So I went through my closet and got rid of my bigger clothes, except one pair of fat jeans, every girl needs at least one pair! I bought a few size 14 outfits to keep me motivated to keep the weight off.

I visited curves today but I think it would be best and more economical for our family to join the YMCA.

I prefer curves, no men, and no little bitty women in sexy workout clothes, nothing against you if you happen to be one but it's not good for my self esteem or motivation while I'm working out.

Back to the celebration of fitting in a size 14 for the first time in over 15 years. I just got up and did a little jig. Sorry no web cam.

Apparently I have had this weight off for a while but no one, not even I could tell because I have continued to wear my baggy clothes.

I will look for before and after pictures but I usually just do head shots and threaten those around me if they take anything above the neck.

Once I put on clothes that actually fit I was like WOW, I wasn't sure if that person in the mirror was really me because I did not recognize her. Especially now with the new cut and color.

I'm starting to see glimpses of the girl who existed before the husband and kids.

I'm finding myself again girls, and it feels good, really good.


MAY WE ALL HELP EACH OTHER FIND OUR WAY

Myspace Comments, Glitter Graphics at GlitterYourWay.com

5 comments:

Carrie said...

That is awesome! Congratulations!
I am not 'one of those girls'! LOL! In fact, and this isn't to sound in any way like I'm conceited, but I was always one of the skinny girls, but 'bird legs' was my nickname growing up. :)
But I was always self-conscience about that. Too bad I don't get called that now! LOL, kidding!

I enjoy reading your blog and thanks again for sharing with us!

nancygrayce said...

How exciting! Several years ago I lost 30 lbs....I was trying hard! I've since put it back on and I'm trying now to get it back off! Such a roller coaster! I'm so glad for you!!

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I bet you feel awesome!!! Definitely celebrate with some new FITTED clothes!!!

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I bet you feel awesome!!! Definitely celebrate with some new FITTED clothes!!!

Tanya said...

Awesome, you must be so excited. Congratulations!