Monday, March 15, 2010

What I've Been Up To (pics included)

I've been away for a while, reason being I feel like I don't have a lot to say. There's so much noise in my head that I just want quiet. Going through this Lenten season I have asked God to just help ,r talk less, listen more and I have tried to cut out the chatter, you know the conversations you have with people that really mean nothing, so that I can focus more on him. Now I'm not saying you should never have those kind of conversations I think it's vital that we connect with people on that level. However, for me I have needed to just Be Still and listen to HIM and only HIM.

My little sister is in rehab with almost 50 days sober. She's getting ansy, I'm hoping she will stay. I haven't talked with her and not sure my body could make the four hour trip to see her but I send her letters constantly and pray for her everyday. She is not in the best physically condition she needs liver treatments but they won't let her leave the program, she could leave but they would not let her come back, to get them. I know God can take care of that until she gets out and is able to be able to get the medical care she needs.

I have never so much as planted a flower in my life but I decided that I wanted to redo our entire front yard. So I bought a yellow rose bush, transplanted the red one that was already out there and Hubby and I went shopping and did the landscaping this weekend in the mud and rain. When I decide to do something there is no talking me out of it, maybe it's a red headed thing I'm not sure :)
So we bought the mulch and the rock border and the flowers of which we knew nothing about and went to work.
Here is what we have accomplished so far. The first two pictures are the only before pictures I could find and they are of Marissa goofing around.

I didn" like the yellow plants at all, they only bloomed for a few days then died off, so they are all gone now.


Jose and Ruben laying down tarp and stones.

Marissa could not be left out either!


Finished projected sourt of. It will take the flowers a litte while to bloom and grow (if they even do) I"m gonna to get more decorations for the gardens. But I love the red mulch and brick. I will have to take a picture of the whole house when we are done so you can see how well it goes together.



This is the other side we have not done yet, will do red mulch and same red stone. Those are Moses bushes, turn green in summer and red in fall. I think I will keep them. Beside them are my roses, you can't really see them and of course they haven't bloomed yet.

I think we did pretty good for people who have never planted a thing in their life and never landscaped anything before.

But what I found amazing was the feeling I got afterward. I realized this is our home, not the building so much, but it's where our kids will remember planting their first garden and helping daddy make their first tire swing.
We have been here two years but it has taken that long for me to finally realize that it's really mine. I never had a home growing up. We moved so much and could never plant a garden, have pets or paint our walls. So I'm just getting used to the fact that I can do that here.
Our (I say our but I'm kinda dragging my hubby along on this projects) next project is to pain the shutters on the outside of the windows white.

Then finish Rissa's room with bright green and pink polka dots since it's already painted bright piglet pink and she is over Winnie the Pooh.

Well better get some sleep, just noticed the time. Miss you all in blog land. Hope to try and post more and get around to other blogs also.

Blessings,

5 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Well Kee it is good to hear from you. I have been thinking of you. Looks like you have been busy but in a good way. Funny you should mention about just listening. My word for the year is Silence. For me to remain silent. Not to talk so much but to listen more. We are on the same page.
Yard looks great.
Hugs,
Mimi
Hey...whatever did you need my families names for? you never told me?

christy rose said...

It all looks great Kee!! It does make a house feel more like a home when we start adding our own touches to it! And yes, your kids are going to remember it all!!! :) It was great hearing from you again!!

Shayla said...

the little gardens look really good! yall totally look like you know what your doing lol so its funny you said yall have never done something like that before!!!

WOOT WOOT for 50 days sober- that is really exciting, but I know it must be gettin REALLY tough for her as well. I'm sure your support has been so important to her.


Your daughter is just precious!!!!

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Elizabeth Dianne said...

Just stopping by to say "hi" and offer a word of encouragement. Hope things are going well with your sister and that you are enjoying your pretty yard.

Blessings,
Dianne